Anyone own a Enviro MINI and have it dialed in right, no popcorn effect/dirty glass buildup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kast

Sep 28, 2008
Stoughton M.A
Just wondering if anyone has a MINI that has the damper dialed in for proper burning, that wouldn't mind giving me there damper measurement for me to try

I have it burning OK, but i get a lot of popcorn effect, and the glass gets dirty with in a few hours of burning. I'm burning LG's so not sure if the pellets a re to blame for the glass condition.

You cant go my measurement unless you have a magnahilic to read the pressure

the amount the rod need to go in out ot depends on your venting config, Altitude and so on.
so if you dont have a Mag to read the Negative pressure in the stove the only way to dial it in is by sight.
More are the better as long as pellets are not popping out of the pot.

My glass gets dirty quickly I would say, but now that I have it adjusted properly, (I think!) the glass can easily be wiped away during operation with a cloth in about 5 seconds.

Before I had the air dialed in right it would be a darker build-up and would only come off when I did a total shutdown and wipe with cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.