Anyone owning a Fireview,check this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
Backwoods Savage told me to check my primary intake slider (the piece of metal that slides over your intake in the back) because my stove wasn't responding like it should.Well it was off to 1 side and not closing right.I could check mine through the slot where my damper lever goes through my rear heatshield and also corrected it this way.I however have no idea how it moved unless it was slightly off during shipping and worsened.Thanks again all for the help.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Bub, some have had this problem and it does happen during shipping or even could happen when installing. Glad you caught it and now the stove will operate even better. Enjoy.

Called and talked to Jamie today and he figured the cat will still work fine but is sending me a gasket for it.I told him no complaints just prob happened moving it around or shipping.Nice people there.I like to keep my eyes out whereas i'm fairly new at this stuff.I never mentioned the draft control,no need it's not a problem nor is it anything they did as you know.Told him we're quite happy with it.

Yup. Jamie is a good guy, like the rest of the gang up there.

Ran mine a whole year like that before I found out. I think they may jump off track during shipping sometimes.

Had a nice conversation with John a Woodstock as well,,, we talked Fireviews as he owns two, an old one he bought and rebuilt and a new one... Blows me away that you can just call up a company and get someone on the phone , like it's all about just you, and never rushing you off the phone,, again just glad I spent my hard earned money with Woodstock. Thought I had a small smoke smell from the front top cover,,no big deal at all, you have to put you nose an inch away from the stove,,, well you know what happened next,,,, Woodstock is sending me a whole new gasket for the top for free! They'll have no one running a stove that's not 100% in the customers eye's... I even said I would just keep a nose on it and see what happens.. They would have non of that,,, new gasket....what more can I say! In fact tonight I can't smell it anymore.. I did lift the top up about an inch and set it back down quick,, maybe that sealed a small low spot in the gasket? Great people that will always have business as the economy fluctuates.

Thanks for the slider tip! Talking with John,, he said the by pass handle has free play so everything can move easliy,,,if you push in on the handle you get that slight bind, slight pressure pulling out is how you want to close the handle,, Apparently pushing in on the handle bottoms the handle out on the inside controls.. Mine seems to be fine anyways,, just some Fireview Tech Tips,, hey a new thread! Dennis you can over see it:)

Right,i listed what hits together.I think it was a good idea dropping that lid slightly and squatting the gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.