Anyone paint their stove bottom?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

To protect agains rust, I painted the bottom of the pellet stove VHS Flame Proof color = Flat Aluminum

Anyone else do this?

See pics

Pic 1 - before
Pic 2 - after

Attachments

• LopiBottom1Before.JPG
    LopiBottom1Before.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 96
  • LopiBottom2after.JPG
    LopiBottom2after.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 91
No can't get to it ...ash pan. Also don't wax the splitter
In this case, I had to install a new pedestal and the new pedestal was not painted on the bottom! So for protection I just threw some paint on it after installation then uprighted it!
The old pedestal was in an auto accident so the insurance paid for a new one!

In this case, I had to install a new pedestal and the new pedestal was not painted on the bottom! So for protection I just threw some paint on it after installation then uprighted it!
The old pedestal was in an auto accident so the insurance paid for a new one!
Don your paint job looks great. I never even thought about looking at the bottom of my pedestal ! Since you had cause to look I understand why you painted. Could not help a teasing type comment just my sense of humor

Thanks

Many stoves come new with no paint on the bottom and I just hate to see them rust so quickly! Just a little paint can really curtail that!

Status
Not open for further replies.