Anyone painting their stoves this summer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
Best time to give your stone a spruce up is now. :)
I use 2,000 deg flame proof for the inside and stove bright high temp for the outside. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 202
Not here. Mine still look new but I will when the time comes. Come to think of it the PC45's ash pan could use a fresh coat so I may just do that but there's still a couple of months of warmer weather. Hell, I hope it stays sunny and 70 all winter. Yeah, Right!

Reactions: bogieb
I plan on painting my brick inserts, just picked up some VHT Flame Proof paint, white primer, red, and black to do a misting effect.

Will also paint the heat exchanger cover panels.

About to tare down and go through a Fireview soapstone stove. Now that our daytime temps are moderating cooler I can blast, clean and paint and get a good cure on paint. Pellet stoves are all pretty good after the moderate winter we had last season.

Did you paint the heat exchanger on your p61?

I have been waiting for the heat and humidity we have had to subside. My P61 needs some love. Previous owners let it get kind of ugly. How many cans of the Stove Bright should I plan on? The whole thing needs painting. 2 cans?

Be sure to paint the stove in a very well ventilated space or outdoors. The fumes from Stove Brite paint are particularly strong and will rot brain cells. It's also a very good idea to wear a mask with a good gas and vapors filter.

I just painted dis Harman P-68 in da new verkshop! It has a partial roof and no doors or windows yet, so it is very well ventilated. LOL

Attachments

• P68-1.JPG
    P68-1.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 128
  • P68-2.JPG
    P68-2.JPG
    406.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Reactions: bags and bogieb
Just finished doing my brick inserts.

20150808_140908.jpg 20150808_151325.jpg 20150809_141531.jpg 20150809_145310.jpg

Got the idea from smwilliamson!!

Last edited:
Nice little tedious project. LOL! Looks good!

Actually wasn't that bad, had 1/4" fine line tape that worked perfect. Here they are back in the stove...

20150812_102423.jpg

I did my old VC with stove polish/paste instead of spray and I was quite happy with the job. After you rub it in, let it dry, then rub and polish again. It's a much richer finish than paint and less mess. Just wear latex gloves so your hands won't be black too.

Very very nice!
What are the fire brick panels made out of? Do they take the paint ok?

Thank you. I believe they are ceramic, they seemed to take paint just fine. I used the vht 1300-2000 degree automotive paint, and then cured them in a oven i use for powder coating.

Status
Not open for further replies.