Anyone pre-ordered there pellets for next year yet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

referee38

Mar 27, 2011
Eastern Pa
I just ordered 3 tons for next year 2 tons of lignetics at 225.00 and a ton of Iron stone mills at 204.00( a local brand) for next year. I have some hamers left in the garage also. Depending how much room I have I may get another ton yet.

Pre-order or prebuy scare me. Been too many peeps getting jerked around with them. But I may do the same. But its a dealer that has been solid for many years. No way in heck would I do it with a new to the scene pellet peddler.

No this guy is in the firewood ,pellet and lawn mower service solid person. I bought from him last year the same way.

Yep, I do it every year.
Very reputible dealer.
Put down the minimum when ordering and pay the rest on pick up.

Given the availability (lots of places in the Puget Sound area sell them), variation in price and minimal storage space I don't bother. Really don't know many that order "THEIR" pellets early.

I preordered a few weeks go and just took delivery of 4 tons for next year. Sib doesn't take any money until delivery. Steve is a real nice guy. Great business. And real good prices also. $219 delivered anywhere in the state. He had to drive about an hour to get to my house. Def will be purchasing again from him.

I paid in full for 4 tons of Turman, 1 Ton of Barefoot and 1 ton Country Boy White Lightning. I wont pick them up from my dealer until fall comes and I will take one ton at a time throughout the winter. Will they be there if supplies get tight....? I'd bet my left nut on it. Been doing it for 6 years that way with the same guy.

I did the pre-buy, 1 ton Vermont, 1 ton Turman, 1 ton PWI and they should be arriving next week. Dealer has been around a long time and has given me great service.

i almost got burned from prebuy wont do that again .most people got burned from the dealer never got pellets or the money back .i just happened to know someone that new the dealer and he went down and got them for me.

Reactions: Lousyweather
I just emailed a locally made pellet company, Curran's, and they have a yard on the Canadian Border at Chateaugay, NY. , 60 miles from Swanton, VT and interstate 89. Price is for 1 ton pallets only, no single bags, at $230/t. These are for premium mixed pellets at 80/20 hardwood/softwood. I've been burning only them and found 8 lb ash per 1 ton of pellets.

I preordered a few weeks go and just took delivery of 4 tons for next year. Sib doesn't take any money until delivery. Steve is a real nice guy. Great business. And real good prices also. $219 delivered anywhere in the state. He had to drive about an hour to get to my house. Def will be purchasing again from him.

Wow what a deal...That's probably $50-75 in gas money driving a truck that call hold /haul 4 ton!

Still have close to a ton sitting in the cellar but planning on ordering soon. Thinking for this coming winter I will get 2 tons of Okanagens and 1 tom of Turmans.

i almost got burned from prebuy wont do that again .most people got burned from the dealer never got pellets or the money back .i just happened to know someone that new the dealer and he went down and got them for me.

yea, ths happens nearly every year, and folks seem to forget it....till the next time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.