Anyone purchased pellets from Ebay sellers ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old-Duckman

Sep 26, 2010
Western PA
Two that are high on Ebay search are:

Sommerset brand, $170, pick-up only in MI.

The other guy has Pot-O-Gold brand for $178 plus freight. He ships to North East, Mid West and Southern states. I just now emailed for freight quote to Western PA, will update post when I get an answer.

Haven't seen this Pot-O-Gold brand even mentioned on the forum that I recall...Any FHE?

I did last year, trailer load, 22 ton of the Pot-O-Gold pellets from the same Ebay seller. I have 6 ton left to burn, these are an okay pellet, maybe not the best pellet on the market but, I would burn them again if we could of come to terms on the freight which we didn't. These are the same pellets as the Pro-Pellets, just a different bag, in fact part of the load was ProPellets.

wil said:
I did last year, trailer load, 22 ton of the Pot-O-Gold pellets from the same Ebay seller. I have 6 ton left to burn, these are an okay pellet, maybe not the best pellet on the market but, I would burn them again if we could of come to terms on the freight which we didn't. These are the same pellets as the Pro-Pellets, just a different bag, in fact part of the load was ProPellets.

Thanx for the quick feedback Wil. I will post freight charge when he responds.

BTW, I am a life member of the NRA too and also drive a Toyota albieght an 09 Tacoma. Love those Toyotas. This is my 2nd Tacoma, 4 Runner before that and a 2000 Celica GTS for a couple of years too.

Old-Duckman said:
wil said:

Thanx for the quick feedback Wil. I will post freight charge when he responds.

BTW, I am a life member of the NRA too and also drive a Toyota albieght an 09 Tacoma. Love those Toyotas. This is my 2nd Tacoma, 4 Runner before that and a 2000 Celica GTS for a couple of years too.

Just got my '02 Tacoma back from the dealer with a new frame. Had a '98 Taco before that

hossthehermit said:
Just got my '02 Tacoma back from the dealer with a new frame. Had a '98 Taco before that
how come she needed a new frame hoss ?

I'm an NRA life member and a Class 3 FFL holder as well. I drive an American Pickup, a 350 Ford Turbo Diesel 4 door 4x4 long bed. Your ricer will fit in the bed.... with a load of pellets in it.......lol

Old-Duckman said:
Two that are high on Ebay search are:

Sommerset brand, $170, pick-up only in MI.

The other guy has Pot-O-Gold brand for $178 plus freight. He ships to North East, Mid West and Southern states. I just now emailed for freight quote to Western PA, will update post when I get an answer.

Haven't seen this Pot-O-Gold brand even mentioned on the forum that I recall...Any FHE?

What part of WEstern Pa YOU FROM ? There are Agway, Tractor supply , and some place in Plesentville that sell pellets. In and around Venango county

wil said:

Hows the Tundra do with a ton of pellets? Do you have the 4.7 or 5.7?
Im in the market for a truck....leaning toyota

In 2008, after owning new Ford pickups since 1978, I tried out a Tundra, IMHO, Ford had a long way to go, the reason that I bought the Toyota. I have the 5.7 in the Tundra, I had the 5.4 in the last Ford (2005) which was a dog, no horsepower. The Tundra handles a ton of pellets with ease.

buildingmaint said:
What part of WEstern Pa YOU FROM ? There are Agway, Tractor supply , and some place in Plesentville that sell pellets. In and around Venango county

'bout 30 miles north of Da Burgh...We do have a Tractor Supply nearby, I'll check them out.

SidecarFlip said:
I'm an NRA life member and a Class 3 FFL holder as well. I drive an American Pickup, a 350 Ford Turbo Diesel 4 door 4x4 long bed. Your ricer will fit in the bed.... with a load of pellets in it.......lol

Had an FFL (not class 3 though) quite a few years ago, was a self (un) employed gunsmith for 5 years. Let the FFL go during the clinton years.

Had a 76 GMC Jimmy (bought new) when I got out of the USN, it was a great vehicle. Bought the '88' 4 Runner new and sold it with 214K on the clock...Been sold on Toyotas since. IMO, better build quality than domestic vehicles...BTW, my 09 Tacoma was built in California.

hossthehermit said:

My 03 Taco was a black, color keyed, step-side. Not many of the step sides made..I recall hearing about 20%. Loved that truck but with expanding extended family, the double cab was a better fit. V-6, 6 speed manual, short bed. Not the best pellet hauler, I'm sure, but will get the job done...just with more trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.