Anyone running a temp..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucko64

Nov 2, 2006
Hey all
I was wondering what the safe temperature is for the flue stack and the stove top are?Mine have been running at 800 to 1000 degrees in the flue with a probe and 500 to 600 on the stove top.What temp's do u all run at?

Webmaster
The stove was bought used couldn't figure out what type it is. there is a post of the pic. on the form. The gadge is about 26 inches up the flue the stove is working great. Alot better then the old Dragon I replaced.

I've not seen my stack probe go above 500. I'm not sure it's "a lot" better than the old dragon.

bucko64 said:
Webmaster
The stove was bought used couldn't figure out what type it is. there is a post of the pic. on the form. The gadge is about 26 inches up the flue the stove is working great. Alot better then the old Dragon I replaced.

hey buck,
snap a picture of the unit and post it so we can see, i'd bet one of the resident geniuses will know what it is

by the way buck, welcome to the home of the foremost collection of experts in the hearth field known to mankind! hope you enjoy it and hang out. its a great group

Gunner your link isn't working. It says:

Search Results:
Your search did not return any results.
Return to Previous Page

fixed it

Gunner said:

Still doesn't work for me. I still get a failed search error.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.