1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone see this Max 2 Star General SS pellet grill?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Don2222, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

Don- I actually OWN one! have had it for a couple years now.......expen$ive, yes, but once you figure out how to cook/smoke with them, they are nice! lol- I even use Turman pellets to smoke in it......
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Nice
    I saw a price of $2.3k but what a grill!
  4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

yea, Don, that's about right.......thing is pretty heavy, lotsa stainless steel, etc.....I like mine. The thing you have to remember in using one is its a slower cooker than your gas grille......
  5. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH

If you cook over the direct heat flame is it just as fast?
  6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

no......the cooking occurs further from the burner....hey, its pretty versatile....cookies, pizza....does it all.....digitally. And I am a fan of slower cooking.......its funny, but when you smoke with it, everyone wants to know "when it will be done?"....well, its finished when the meat is up to temperature, not before......then they ask "when's that?...".....grrr.......I wonder if Michaelangelo had folks asking him when the Sistine Chapel ceiling would be done........