anyone think this is fishy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several reasons I could think of for that, death in the family before install - selling off property and they just want it gone is just one of them.

But yeah, buyer beware. Could be something illicit.

There was an ex-dealer selling off remaining units nearby here on CL last year. He had several new but older model PC45's for $2,600 and a PF for $1,500 also new but several years old. He said the furnace was cheaper because of less demand than the free standing units and the 45's always sold better for the corn option in Indiana where he was located. The guy was legit.

The way I see it is they probably want a couple of hundred per ton = $1,200 for the pellets and $1,300 for the PF possibly. Contact them and see what's up. There are many scammers and idiots on CL and everywhere else but also some people serious about selling stuff and getting rid of it.

Chit is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Plus it is coming close to the end of the heating season anyway. People better be selling at a good deal price unless they want to let it take up space all summer and / or for the next 7-8 months. Six skids and a pellet furnace can definitely take up some space. Price goes down in June too.

Also many people have grown tired of the pellet price climbs, extra toting and cleaning, and being able to heat cheaper flipping a stat switch using oil etc; I think the pellet burning world is in for a down turn for awhile. Many diehards here have opted for the cheaper and easier heating options so prices on pellets and stoves will fall. The extra work is just no longer worth it for many.

Reactions: bogieb
A Englander popped up yesterday for $199. So much easier to push a button on a gas stove. I installed a little gas stove for my Mother and now the old corn stove sits there except for when it gets really cold(yea, like that's happened this year)Almost no noise too. One has to wonder how long the cheap fuels are going to be here as gas gas on Sunday was 1.29 and now it's 1.60. I know the inventory numbers are supposed to be up but that has not prevented the gouging it seems. Nymex for gas was still under a buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.