Anyone tried Burn Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdski

Nov 10, 2010
Central MA
Just this season I've come across Burn brand pellets. Has anyone tried these?

I believe they are made in NH but can't find any information on them.

PDski

pdski said:
Just this season I've come across Burn brand pellets. Has anyone tried these?

I believe they are made in NH but can't find any information on them.

PDski

I've never heard of them. Where did you find them?

They are for sale in the local supermarket, Barre Foods. I believe they are available in other places but this is where I saw them.
I guess I should try a few bags.

PDski

Yea, most of us here BURN pellet's, never saw them here in northern Ct nor heard of that store, giveum a try and report back

Well, I tried a couple of bags of Burn pellets and they aren't terrible.
The pellets seem less dense than most I've burned and the heat was fair but not being that cold really hard to tell.
Ash was average and no clinker problem in the burn pot.
Given a choice I'd burn something else.

PDski

PDski,

Thanks for the feedback on them. I too never heard of them or seen them either. So I guess I will not go out of my way to find or try them.

I was "given" a bag to try a few weeks ago. And the heat wasnt bad but got a good size solid clinker out of the burn pot. South Shore wood pellets is selling them. Theyre made in New Hampshire, but the companys name on the bag is an outfit in Waltham Mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.