Anyone tried cherry pits?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LW
You got that one right.

I always take into account that if I change something then I am the one who will have to fix it if the MOD does not work.

There are many folks that are not qualified to do their own installs, repairs or anything else for that matter that involves tools and such.

For these fine folks the service shops can and do help out.

Snowy

woodsman23 said:
cherry pits here 230 a ton.

Bagged? If so how many lbs/per?

Or do I just bring a truck and get a scoop load?

<>Just tired of everything being made overseas.<>

That's why I bought a Harman. All parts are US made & the factory is in
Dane Harman's backyard, so he keeps his hands in the manufacturing process.
I was also told that Englander Stoves are completely made in the US, but I have
no experience with them. We sell install & service the Harman line &
I can generally get replacement part within a day, since Halifax, Pa is only 5 hours from here...
Other brands? Who knows WHERE they're from...

Its amazing when you look deep into almost everything as to where all the tid bits come from.

It truely is a global economy and we are all linked together.

I certainly do not mind good trade and for everyone to do well. I just hate seeing so many companies folding up shop and taking everything overseas.

Its all understandable though as the companies are tired of dealing with EPA and and all the other federal beauacracies.

Far too mnay $$$$ get flushed right down the old toilet because of these agencies.

Less regs, more jobs and NO WHINERS.

Sits in the corner tending the fire.

Snowy

SmokeyTheBear said:
Snowy Rivers said:
Did some snooping online and found a list of stoves made in china.
http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Wood_Pellet_Stove.html

There are a few stoves in this lineup that look identical to the Hudson River
The Saratoga from Hudson River is a dear ringer for one listed in the made in China List.

I am decidedly currious now about who is actually making these.

So many companies have their products made overseas and then simply place their nameplate on them.

Seems strange that the manager at the wholesaler would make the statement that these were made in China if in fact they were made in Canada.

Any input here would certainly be interesting.

Snowy

It appears that they import certain parts from China ....

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/inca-metal-cutting.html

We used to sell Hudson River - not sure if everything in the stoves are from china but, they run awful and I have had so many warranty claims we stopped selling them. Our experiences only.

There were at least two known issues with the stove itself.

The burn pot and receptacle, they forgot the gasket and didn't have enough welds.

The convection blower was located too close to the firebox and thus was prone to loosing lubricant to the point of ruining the blower motor.

Then there were issues with the actual blowers (both blowers) themselves, seems it depended upon where those were made as to whether they lasted.

It also didn't help when they put incorrect high limit snap discs on a good number of stoves.

The long and the short of it is that same stove is sold under at least three different names and the parts come from at least seven countries.

Not even close to every part was from China.

The stove also has one very important thing to take into consideration when it is installed, you must pay close attention to it getting a proper air
intake volume.

It could also use a slightly higher CFM convection blower and a slight redesign on its burn pot and burn pot receptacle. The receptacle needs to be deeper and not as long and wide as it is. It effectively blocks the ash pan which is big enough to hold the ash from a ton of premium pellets. Making the receptacle deeper would allow the stove to burn longer between cleanings. The higher CFM blower would help extract more heat and would allow operation at feed rate 5 for long times if desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.