1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anyone try a cream can cooker on their stove?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by BrianK, Sep 9, 2012.

1. BrianK

BrianK Guest

I just stumbled on two brands of "cream can cookers":
    http://cancooker.com/
    http://www.ogallalacreamcansupper.com/

They look like a great concept, and there are a lot of cream can meal recipes online.

Has anyone tried one of these can cookers on their wood stove?

I asked the Cancooker website about their product and wood stoves, here is their response:
    :
    ScotO likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jclout

Jclout Member

Loc:
    Southbridge, Massachusetts
    I just recently looked into the can cookers from cancookers.com and I think it would work. Search online for the best price as you will definately get variation from one seller to the next. Amazon.com is a good place to look. I'd love to try it but it would cost anywhere from $85 on up and money is tight rite now. I hope to cook with a dutch oven and an oven roaster converted into a stove top oven. I saw these plans in "The Country Journal Woodburner's Cookbook" by Janet Bachard Chadwick. Also lots of recipies for the dutch oven and roaster. John
    ScotO likes this.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

That would work perfectly on my modified trivet top. I may have to look into one of those. If for nothing else, I bet putting some cubed venison, potatoes, celery and carrots in that can for a couple hours would make a stew to-die-for......
    BrianK likes this.
  4. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Hmmm... I'd like to hear more about that.
  5. Jclout

Jclout Member

Loc:
    Check out that book, the writer has done a great job of breaking everything down into a science pretty much.
  6. punchy

punchy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    mid mo
    looks neat, have to see about getting one.
  7. Jclout

Jclout Member

Loc:
    Hey I just saw an ad for a can cooker for $69.98 on Nextag if anyone is looking for one.