Anyone try the pourable foam for PEX install??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4hiswork

Apr 4, 2010
Western Kentucky
Thinking of using the 2 part foam system on my in ground PEX install. What type did you use and where did you get it and how much $$ I was wondering if it would be cheaper just to try to get a foamer here to do the job... Thanks!

I used the pourable foam in my system. the first foam I got worked to fast and I couldn't pour it into the holes I had to pour into. I got an other mix and that was a slow acting and it worked out ok. It was close in price as tigar foam but because there wasn't a hazmat shipping charge it was cheaper. That said if you can get a contractor to do it for a reasonable price go that way. They have the equipment, knowledge, and will have it done in short order. I helped my neighbor when he had his done and it was less than 3hrs from the time they pulled in untill we had the trench covered and leveled. About 100ft -$600. It was the first time they had foamed a trench and wasn't sure how it would go but it's really easy.
Lay down the first layer for a few feet, then hold the pipe ahead of the foamer as he puts on the second layer and continue that way. They can then go back and hit any area that needs it and you can cover it up. Best way to put in pipe I've seen.
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.