Anyone use a Osburn hybrid 45mf stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton

Sep 13, 2013
I am looking at this stove, and it seems to have a lot of feature for a good price. Any opinions on it?

Hello
I worked on a couple of them. They seem to work well. However if you ever need an exhaust blower that combex blower is expensive and hard to change.

Last edited:
I would probably go for an OAK kit. I was noticing on this stove that the OAK isn't sealed to the combustion chamber, but just brings air to the back of the stove near the intake. I would think that may bring cold air in the house when the stove isn't running. Or are all stove designed that way?

my stove has that set up too. retarded. i had PSS fab me a custom 'intake plenum' to make it a real outside air kit.

Reactions: DexterDay
I like those stoves - touch screen interface (on the 5000), Harman-like burn pot, etc. - This is the direction stoves should be heading in.

So briansol, did you get cold air leaking into the room before you got the air intake sealed better? The setup of having the OAK not somewhat sealed to the combustion chamber seems like a poor design to me.

I was running 'room' air up until this summer. no pipe at all. air was just coming in from behind the stove. I just got my OAK installed a month ago... this will be the first burning season with it.

I had crazy drafts coming in from my sliding glass doors. as you got closer to them you could feel a slight breeze coming in.

scott from PSS made me a little manifold out of some ducting materials and hooked it up to a 2" (I think) run up the chimney to the new 2-stor cap, so fresh air comes in on the ground floor and the exhaust comes out the top floor of the 2-story exhaust cap.

the metal box thing at the bottom with the red writing is all part of that manifold:

969933_10151711358065606_1690935968_n.jpg

it connects to the up and out pipe--

998410_10151711358005606_709068203_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.