Anyone use DryCreek Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derrickp

Dec 7, 2007
Western New York
Just purchased 2 ton for $259 each. I have never used them before hopefully they work well.

Derrick

Mine are good. I`d buy them again. I think they came from Agway.
Of course I have a Harman P38 and supposedly any kind or brand of pellets burns well in it.

Gio,

Thanks for the info I have a Yankee stove made by Lopi. I had 2 different brand pellets last year and both worked well, this year I have 2 different brands(both different from last year, so hopefully I go 4 for 4).

I bought 2 ton at the end of last heating season for $200 and kept them in my garage all summer and just bought an additional 2 ton this weeked.

Derrick

I've used them. They burned very well in my st croix.
Can't remember where I bought em. It was the first
year I had the stove. Would definitely purchase them
again if the place I order from offered them.

I've burned them about 5 years in a row. They worked fine in my Whitfield Profile stove. But I have nothing to compare them to....I havent' used anything else till this year.
Couldn't get them this year, so I am trying NEWP and Hamer's.

good luck with them....

They are great pellets i use them and they are made about 10 miles from me in Arcade ny. 190.00 a ton here if you can find them in stock.

The price BLITZ just hit here in the Black Cherry Capital area of the world.Was less than $220/ton all summer. Just yesterday every body went to $269/ton+. Mid west lookout, here come the high prices. One pellet mill here is out of sawdust and others are begging!There are 50+ sawmills within 35 miles of my facility and only a handful are running maybe a few days a week.
Chicken little has gone from crying to crowing and the big bad wolf is outside your door holding his breath!

StoveMiser said:
190 a ton huh? Maybe last spring. I live 15 miles away. Best price now is 240 or more. Where did you see them for 190?

I got mine at arcade lumber in june for 190.00 a ton cash, 209.00 credit card or check. I am in franklinville where you?

I burned Dry Creek in my Avalon Astoria Bay for one season. It's basically the same stove as the Yankee. They burned great. Then again, I've been happy with all three brands I've burned so far.

Woodsman23 - I live in South Wales. I got 4 tons in June for 210/ton. 2 allegany, 1 energex and 1 lignetics. Ill probably need another ton or 2, but I'm waiting till February or so when hopefully the prices will be down some

StoveMiser said:
Woodsman23 - I live in South Wales. I got 4 tons in June for 210/ton. 2 allegany, 1 energex and 1 lignetics. Ill probably need another ton or 2, but I'm waiting till February or so when hopefully the prices will be down some

I called arcade lumber today and they have pellets coming on friday 239.00 a ton but they go fast..... Tractor supply wants an amazing 280.00 a ton I told them to stick em deep.

Reactions: chrisasst
woodsman23 said:
StoveMiser said:

I called arcade lumber today and they have pellets coming on friday 239.00 a ton but they go fast..... Tractor supply wants an amazing 280.00 a ton I told them to stick em deep.

Tractor Supply here still holding at $239 (Somerset brand), or $4.99 a bag. Lowes is $5.97 per bag, no ton break. Guess where I got 4 ton?

Just got the call from TSC for the pellets I ordered in early August (supposedly Energex) @ $239......gotta pick them up this weekend.

With all of us that live in or near the Arcade area next year we should see if we can get a bulk discount.

Derrick

derrickp said:
With all of us that live in or near the Arcade area next year we should see if we can get a bulk discount.

Derrick

I would be up for that. I have another 2 friends that have just installed pellet stoves. Sounds like a plan.

I would be in for 6 tons as long as a forklift is available to load the tons on my f150. No freakin way will I load them bag by bag. I think a trailer is 22 tons or so. 4 or 5 of us could easily cover that.

StoveMiser said:
I would be in for 6 tons as long as a forklift is available to load the tons on my f150. No freakin way will I load them bag by bag. I think a trailer is 22 tons or so. 4 or 5 of us could easily cover that.

Agreed no way i am loading and unloading bags, I also have a 150 that i haul a to at a time with. It handles them okay but she does schooh a bit.., I would think we could order a truckload (with forktruck) i am in for 5 tons thats 11-12 and a couple friends would take at least 10 more.

Sounds like there needs to be a "GROUP BUY" section on this forum. I belong to some other forums and they seem to work well there. With a lot of you all in the same areas it may work for you.

Sounds good guys I usually get about 4 or 5 ton myself. Sounds like a good plan for next year.

I usually load mine by hand spread the weight out a little more over my truck. Not sure how many ton are on a truckload but if we find enough people that would be ideal.

Derrick

derrickp said:

Derrick

Good luck but I wouldn't hold your breath. Dry Creek only sells to their dealers. Pellets are going to be tough to find this year due to all the new stove customers. Don't wait for a smokin deal if there are pellets I would recommend buying while you can.

Slink,

Please notice I said next year. Those of us discussing this already have what we need for this year.

Even if we can't get a discount directly, I know a dealer that would likely cut us a break for saying hey we are buying xx ton of pellets in one shot.

D

derrickp, I didn;t mean to push any buttons, sorry. I can tell you that there isn't much profit margin on pellets so you probably wouldn't get a large discount. I sell pellets in the spring cheaper then the rest of the year. If you can store them you can save more money then by waiting till this time of the year. I'm in Westfield so I'm relatively close to you. I had PA pellets at $200 per ton through end of June. I'm still waiting on Dry Creek to supply some orders from late spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.