Anyone using a Dayton wireless thermostat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldenewe

Nov 12, 2013
MD
Good evening folks. I recently moved into a home with two Quadrafire 1200's with analog thermostats. The one I hardwired and connected to a Honeywell with no problems. The second was in an odd location and running the t-stat wire was going to be a pain. I ended up purchasing a wireless RF Dayton 1UGH7 from eBay and assumed it would work in the same manner as Honeywell, in regards to wiring. Unfortunately when I connect the red and white wires to their corresponding terminals there is no power to the device. If I bridge the heat terminal (W) to the 24Vac Common terminal (C), the receiver turns on and so does the stove but you can't control it.

Anyway, if anyone has experience with one of these I would greatly appreciate any pointers. BTW Dayton is a Grainger product so there isn't much out there on it.

http://www.grainger.com/product/DAYTON-Digital-Thermostat-1UHG7?s_pp=false

Thanks!

Good day !
I have done the same thing as you did, purchased from ebay a Dayton thermostat and tried to get it to work...only way I have found is to used a external power supply with a relay (Venstar Wireless Thermostat 2-Wire Kit sold on ebay for 30$ or so). I does the job but on this thermostat the "Swing" is not big.
I had a distance problem too...did work only for a fiew feet but I took it apart (sender) and unroll the antenna wire along the casing and it now working in my whole basement !
Hope this help !

Status
Not open for further replies.