Anyone using a humidifier with the PF 100?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

accobra66

Oct 31, 2008
Marquette, MI
House is dry. Thought last winter about installing an automatic humidifier (such as Aprilaire RP-700) when I was heating with propane.

The Power Flow Thru Humidifer design seems to be a better way to go as opposed to the Bypass Flow-Through Humidifier. The Bypass Flow-Through Humidifier needs to be ducted into the cold air (return) supply I believe. Does that have any effect on the PF 100?

Another question I have though is in regards to the humidistat. Some models need to be adjusted manually and some are automatic with an outside temp sensor. With the outside temp sensor it seems that some do not work with a multi stage fan on the furnace (mine is a 3 stage).

Does anybody have any suggestions or comments on how these work with the pellet furnace? How about the humidistat?

Can anybody give me some guidance here?

Maybe you should try this question in the Boiler Room Forum.

Why the Boiler Room Forum? I am running a forced air pellet furnace? What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.