anyone waiting for an econoburn boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2008
pei
Is anyone waiting for their econoburn to be delivered ?? Mine is late now .

Nearly all the good brands are in a back order situation right now. Demand is unprecedented because a lot of folks are in shock after pricing fuel oil or LP for this winter. I pity the folks that wait til the middle to the end of September to make up their mind. My next load of OWB's will not arrive until February next year. Garn is 6-8 weeks despite almost tripling production capacity since May, Econoburn and EKO vary by model from what I'm told, Tarm isn't even taking orders. It's not a very pretty picture for anyone who doesn't already have theirs lined up.

You guys are making me nervous - my EKO 40 is due to arrive any day. I just want it here in the garage so I can relax!

heaterman said:
...from what I'm told, Tarm isn't even taking orders.

As of Friday, Tarm was still taking orders. Delivery on most products is roughly beginning of November, from what they tell me. I believe they may even have Excel boilers (the wood/oil combo unit) in stock, but don't quote me on it.

I wouldn't wait around for boilers, though. Lead times vary, but between the lead times and the installers being busy with installing the boilers that are currently being delivered (or will be, in the next few months), I think that many folks who wait until the end of September won't have a running boiler until next year - depends upon the specifics in different areas.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.