1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone wanna see me naked? Pics included of a CAB-50 and run down of it's first day in operation.

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kinsmanstoves, Sep 28, 2011.

1. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Here she is on Medium with feed a quarter maybe a 5ft and freshly cleaned.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. saladdin

saladdin Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Tennessee
    Looks like mine on med with 1/4 closed.
  3. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Cool then my venting is ok. I think I may change the elbow with the cap to a 90 so less air comes up the exhaust when it's windy. What do you all think of the venting pics?
  4. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Hey Eric. Should I angle my venting higher? Have you seen the pics?
  5. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Ok.. Well I was a very bad pellet stove owner! Unintentially. T clean out it what caused it all! All better and running like a champ without the soot!!! Couldn't get the t cap off to save my left. Neighbor came over to help me get it off. DH not home and this is all my thing! He just fills it! LOL. Thank you thank you all. I'm soooo sorry for a bad pellet stove owner. Now I hope I've redeemed myself! ;lol
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

What did you do? Replace a T with a 90°? They both are 5' EVL?

Why was the thimble put where it was? Why not go straight out and then straight up?
  7. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Would've loved to but couldn't because we ha to clear the baseboard I'm the house and then we had to be 4 ft from any opening window. Once out we had to go left to meet those clearance then up. My daughters bedroom windows are above the area. She is burning much cleaner now. I'll post a more expanded picture of the outside tomorrow. And I switched absolutely nothing with the venting.
  8. MommyOf4

MommyOf4 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern MD
    On our Cab50, when I close the side panel the wire going to the hopper on the right side of the stove gets pinched and shuts off the auger periodically. I've closed the panel but the screws to close it is not on tight. Is it ok to leave it like this or is this some kind of hazard?
  9. saladdin

Loc:
    West Tennessee
    The three screws on the back (on each side) that hold the panels?

I leave mine hand tight so I don't have to use a wrench to get them off. Have been that way going on year 2. I wouldn't worry about it.

So the stove is running right, now? It was a short?
  10. MommyOf4

MommyOf4 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern MD
    I left it hand tight but it was still shorting out on me. As soon as I loosened the bolts to the point where the panel was just hanging on it, the pellets started feeding again.
  11. saladdin

Loc:
    West Tennessee
    I'd replace the wiring or in the least put electrical tape around it for now.