Anyone want to help me narrow down my choices on my first Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giggs222 said:
Sean, thank you. I wish I was dealing with you. The things you mention are nuts on. The dealer is trying... but not hard enough. Harman... I just don't get it. I'm sure I'll win my suit, but it'll cost the dealer and Harman more this way. Where are you located? Thanks again.

One problem a dealer has is keeping his focus on one customer for long enough to correct problems quickly. We often have as many as 50-100 customers all demanding attention at once. This can affect performance drastically. I know I do not always get back to people as soon as they would like. But, you said he was there up to ten times? I think I would make up my mind by the third time as to whether I should replace the unit or not.

As to Harman, they are simply following their business model. They do not deal direct with customers. They only work through their dealers. Most stove companies operate this way. This works fine if the dealer is good and competent. This creates a real problem when the dealer fails to satisfy the customer. We need to come up with a better way to deal with problems so that the customer is not left holding. I wish I had more time to devote to solving this industry problem. For now, I'm just trying to solve these issues in my own market.

We are located about two hours north of NYC, in the Catskills, next to the Mid-Hudson Valley.

Sean

Somone correct me if I am wrong but did Quadrafire just buy Harmen????

mralias said:

Quadrafire did not buy Harman.
The parent company that owns Quadrafire did.

mralias said:

No, Quadra-fire did not buy Harman. Harman, like Quadra-fire, was acquired by Hearth & Home Technologies. Quadr-fire was acquired several years ago, Harman at the end of 2007. They also have Heatilator and Heat-n-Glo under their umbrellas. Harman remains an independent operating company and continues to own the properties in Halifax, PA.

Hearth and Home Technoligies, is in turn, a division of HNI Corporation (HON Industries).

Sean

Thanks all.....I knew someone bought someone......so its all one big happy family....

Status
Not open for further replies.