Anyone with a Piazzetta Sabrina ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recommend that I up the settings ?
From what little we have, it does appear you need more air. That is, black soot, lazy flame.

I recommend getting a manometer or magnahelic and first adjusting to factory spec, then adjusting by eye. However, if you want to adjust by eye, then it's generally safe given that the air is only adjustable within a range.

A good burn should have a nice tight flame, yellowish in color, not orangish. The pellets should dance in the pot, but not fly out. The bits of ash should fly out like fireflies.

Reactions: Pascal_Maertens
Okay, if you're willing to try, and it's pretty harmless to try, first, I'd read the install manual I gave you a link to.

The important pages start on Page 14. The part about how to use the manometer is on Page 18. The table with all the settings you can change are on P21 for the Sabrina and P22 for the Monia. And, the key parameters you want to try are #18 thru 22, those are the combustion fan speeds for P1 to P5.

Go ahead and adjust the combustion fan speed, see how it affects the flame. Change the speed, wait a bit for things to normalize. You have to try and use your judgement.

Okay, if you're willing to try, and it's pretty harmless to try, first, I'd read the install manual I gave you a link to.

The important pages start on Page 14. The part about how to use the manometer is on Page 18. The table with all the settings you can change are on P21 for the Sabrina and P22 for the Monia. And, the key parameters you want to try are #18 thru 22, those are the combustion fan speeds for P1 to P5.

Go ahead and adjust the combustion fan speed, see how it affects the flame. Change the speed, wait a bit for things to normalize. You have to try and use your judgement.
At the risk of sounding stupid, what prompts on the keypad do I use to change the settings ? And, what settings would you recommend ?

I went back and checked the P1 settings. After it ran for a bit, the figured settled on 1820. Make sense ?
Uhm, well that's better than 2250, but doesn't explain why you showed 1730 at first. To be honest, it doesn't really matter.

When you go into the parameter settings, you'll see what the actual settings are. At THAT point, write down what those settings are, so you can revert, in case you decide to start over.

Uhm, well that's better than 2250, but doesn't explain why you showed 1730 at first. To be honest, it doesn't really matter.

When you go into the parameter settings, you'll see what the actual settings are. At THAT point, write down what those settings are, so you can revert, in case you decide to start over.
I thought that I first reported 1830 not 1730. No matter.

At the risk of sounding stupid, what prompts on the keypad do I use to change the settings ? And, what settings would you recommend ?
As I wrote, the process on how to access the parameters is in the programming manual. You want to read it and in particular study the chart on Page 14. You need to drill down the menu to get to Menu Parameters, Setting Factory.

On Page 15, they tell you the access code is "E9".

On Page 19, the show you how to drill down to the key settings you want to change, #18 to 22.

As for what settings would I recommend, I can't. I'm not looking at your stove. You have to look at your stove and adjust the fan and see whether that's better or not.

THAT's why I keep recommending the manometer or magnahelic. They take most of the guesswork out. Then you can tweak to the final setting by eye/

As I wrote, the process on how to access the parameters is in the programming manual. You want to read it and in particular study the chart on Page 14. You need to drill down the menu to get to Menu Parameters, Setting Factory.

On Page 15, they tell you the access code is "E9".

On Page 19, the show you how to drill down to the key settings you want to change, #18 to 22.

As for what settings would I recommend, I can't. I'm not looking at your stove. You have to look at your stove and adjust the fan and see whether that's better or not.

THAT's why I keep recommending the manometer or magnahelic. They take most of the guesswork out. Then you can tweak to the final setting by eye/
Ok. I'll try it by eye, but is there a maximum setting that you would recommend not exceeding ?

Ok. I'll try it by eye, but is there a maximum setting that you would recommend not exceeding ?
No, the stove settings have a range, they won't let you exceed what the mfr deems safe.

Start with the first P1 setting which would be Parameter 18.

Are you inputting "E9" at the right point? You should be at Menu Parameters>Settings Factory>Code Access>

Then you scroll until you show E9

Ok. I got that. P1 is now showing. What's next ?
You scroll until you get to Parameter 18, that's the one for the combustion fan on P1, so it should show 1830 or so.

Yes, settings 23 to 27. I increased them a bit too.

I pretty much maxed out the settings for 18 to 22. Is that ok ?
Uhm, I dunno, I would keep an eye on the stove. Regular checks. Just make sure the pellets aren't flying out of the pot. The risk is you blow unburnt pellets out, so you don't get all the energy from them.

Now, you're an expert, you pretty much know as much as I know, and it seems you know more than your dealer techs.

Uhm, I dunno, I would keep an eye on the stove. Regular checks. Just make sure the pellets aren't flying out of the pot. The risk is you blow unburnt pellets out, so you don't get all the energy from them.
Now, you're an expert, you pretty much know as much as I know, and it seems you know more than your dealer techs.
post-88-0-84976700-1422674625.jpg

It looks like we've gone from a camp fire to a blow torch now :)

I'll follow up in a day or two with a progress report.

Many thanks !

Nice and crisp!

Status
Not open for further replies.