Anyone with a Piazzetta Sabrina ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All -

The cool weather has been well under way up here in northern Massachusetts, and I've been using my Sabrina stove quite frequently. You know, the stove that nearly drove me to complete insanity last winter.

Well, at the risk of jinxing myself, I'm pleased to report, that the stove has been performing exceptionally well this season. In fact, I've been able to reset the parameters pretty much back to the factory settings, with absolutely no issues regarding poor combustion, clinkers or anything else for that matter. After 2 or 3 days of solid use, regardless if I use premium hardwood or soft wood pellets, the only thing left in the burn pot and ashtray, is a fine, powdery ash.

As I joked in another thread, there's the phenomenon called horse-whispering, and there's also what I now believe to be stove-whispering. Because aside from all of the great advice I received from the members of this forum (especially Pascal), something unexplained has put matters to rights with this stove.

Ok, enough Shirley MacLaine for now. :)

Hi All -

The cool weather has been well under way up here in northern Massachusetts, and I've been using my Sabrina stove quite frequently. You know, the stove that nearly drove me to complete insanity last winter.

Well, at the risk of jinxing myself, I'm pleased to report, that the stove has been performing exceptionally well this season. In fact, I've been able to reset the parameters pretty much back to the factory settings, with absolutely no issues regarding poor combustion, clinkers or anything else for that matter. After 2 or 3 days of solid use, regardless if I use premium hardwood or soft wood pellets, the only thing left in the burn pot and ashtray, is a fine, powdery ash.

As I joked in another thread, there's the phenomenon called horse-whispering, and there's also what I now believe to be stove-whispering. Because aside from all of the great advice I received from the members of this forum (especially Pascal), something unexplained has put matters to rights with this stove.

Ok, enough Shirley MacLaine for now. :)
Thank you

All along I've been told that I should only be burning premium softwood pellets in the Sabrina. However, I've been experiencing great results using premium hardwood pellets; namely Geneva.

Anyone care to weigh in?

naaah! your stove will performe better with soft wood this is only physic, the way Piazzetta stove are made and work this is what make it better at burning soft wood. The air coming from under the combustion Grate will clean your ash easier, the grate will remane clean if your stove is set with soft wood

if you need to optimize your stove or would like to understand a little more about how it work please feel free to drop me a message but first I would suggest you to go an read the Sticky post I made for Piazzetta ;

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/piazzetta-pellets-stove-a-to-z-recommendations.147362/ :rolleyes:

regards
Pascal Maertens

Status
Not open for further replies.