Anyone with a Quad 5100i ACC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayBurner

Feb 23, 2013
Romeo, MI
I have a question on why my blower shuts off while in the "auto" position during a good burn with good flames?

If I switch it to the "manual" position it will blow out nice and hot.

Thanks in advance. I have had my Quad for a week now and I am very excited about finding this forum.

You all are wonderful with your information!

Hmmm.. in the "auto" position it runs when the thermo gets hot enough. Shuts off when cool enough. Does the fan cycle? As in it will start the fan, then shut off, then the fan starts again a few minutes later?

It tends not to cycle unless I reload and go thru those steps. If it shuts off how long should I wait during a good burn?

Wait for what? The fan is connected to a thermostat. If the thermo is hot enough it runs. If not, it doesn't run. This is assuming that nothing is wrong with the setup. It could be possible for the thermo to be faulty.

What kind of temps are you running on the insert? Is it possible that you are barely bumping the temps required to trigger the fan to run?? (this would be my best guess with what I currently know).

If it is like the 4100i, (IF), there is a snap disk thermostat that is fairly easy to access and replace.
Once it snaps on, it stays on until the stove is on the cool side. Too long, IMO.
Doesn't sound to me like that thermo is right at all.

Usually the thermostatic snap switch is placed low on the body of the stove. On the 5100i I think this is under the ash lip. This means the whole stove body needs to warm up before the fan will stay on. On a big stove it can take 30-60 minutes for this to happen. Once the stove body is warm the fan should stay on as long as the stove is still producing good heat.

Has the fan stopped coming on been a recent occurrence or has it always been this way? If always, one thing you could try is to place a thin washer under each side of the snap disk to elevate it slightly. That will put it in firmer contact with the stove. If it just started happening, it could be time for a new snap switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.