Anything better than a KUMA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CET Solar Store

Feb 6, 2008
Southern Vermont
I'm new to this market (3 weeks) but have been around long enough to see some of the options out there. I'm open to suggestions, but have a claim to make:

Best biomass: BIODIESEL...The cooking oil that would otherwise go to the dump and release methane gases as it decomposes, can be converted (with relatively simple refining and brewing) to biodiesel. Burnt biodiesel still releases carbon, but its carbon that is built up in the plants that have grown this century. Think of all the oil that's being burnt from a source of carbon millions and millions (billions) of years old. Dinosaurs died breathing that (methane) atmosphere...and I don't want to bring it up from the earth, just to redistribute that old, nasty carbon again.

There is a KUMA stove that burns biodiesel and its my favorite. Gravity-fed, there's hardly any parts to break/malfunction. I love woodstoves, but my wife prefers to 'pour' rather than 'haul'. Plus, we can get this stuff for a little over $2/gallon (wholesale). Beats $3.73/gal for Propane.

If I were to build/buy a home and was looking for that 'hearth' feel to the livingspace, I'd install one of these babies!

Dallas Cox
CET Solar Store
Cavendish, VT

Is this some kind of advertisement?

MarkG

I'll give it a moment in the Green Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.