AOL outgoing email account

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is "image challenge freeze"?

can you set up a free gmail or yahoo or whatever free email account with your AOL?

Gmail even has free POP access...

Jay

Jay H said:
What is "image challenge freeze"?

can you set up a free gmail or yahoo or whatever free email account with your AOL?

Gmail even has free POP access...

Jay

WHen I try to send an email below is what I get. I have had AOL since just about the beginning. I do have an msn account but preferred to use the aol.

Your message was not sent. please click on url below, complete the image puzzle and then resend your message.
http://challenge.aol.com/en/us/spam.html

When I click the link I get no puzzle but a sign on screen then back to the welcome page no puzzle here.
seems to be a problem with free aol they will not help you at customer service.

You'd be better off using Photobucket, which is free. You can share entire albums with anyone you choose. AOL might be limiting server space to free users. Makes sense in a way, but I don't understand why you can't send your pic through AIM or one of your other email accounts. Why fight with something that's more aggravation than it's worth when there are so many other great options?

I presume this has to be a way for AOL to stop the spambots from using AOL's outgoing email (SMTP) servers from sending mass mailings. You get this when sending any email? The only way I can see you not needed to do this is to use another SMTP server or ask AOL if there is a way around this, of which I don't know. Google allows you to use any email client to pull email from the server but doesn't allow you to connect directly to their SMTP server other than their website I believe. However, one way to go around this is to use gmail as your email and then you can use any email client that supports POP like Thunderbird or Eudora to get email and use google's email interface with your fav. web brower to send email...

At least that's one way I can think of..

Maybe consider another inexpensive ISP, like NetZero or something?

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.