Apache 8

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy Billy

Minister of Fire
Dec 10, 2008
Britton MI
I saw this show on PBS last nite. A all female wildfire fighting crew. How awesome seeing women run chainsaws and fighting fires. Just goes to show women can work just as hard or harder than men. I thought it was great when one went to sign up and was was told she was too small and couldn't handle the weight of the gear. And went on to prove that she could. In the preview it showed one women using a mid sized sthil with a 20" bar. But in the show most were running what looked like 460 sthil's and 28" bars.

Air filter cover looks to fancy for a 460 My guess 362.

Don't talk to me about women not being able to do the same work as men . . . we have a firefighter here who is pretty short, but I would guess she could out-do 1/2 to 3/4 of the guys here in the department. She is extremely driven and even owns her own Cross Fit gym . . . while at the Fire Academy her knickname was Mighty Mouse . . . which is very fitting.

Jay one's they were using in the show had 28" bars on them. I tied a 28" bar on my 360 and it was too much for it in willow.

It was a great show. I love seeing people work hard and not let others keep them from doing what they know they can do!

Billy

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.