1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Apologies to those within 2-3 block radius of me - "New" Husky 2100CD arrived today

Post in 'The Gear' started by Thistle, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Apologies to those within 2-3 blocks of me this evening.Dont think you can hear that new to me Husky 2100CD,but I'm pretty sure you can FEEL that earth-shattering rumble when its idling.::-) VERY strong compression,2-3 pulls starting when cold.Not bad for a 30 year old saw.

Will give it a good test tommorow when that dead twin White Oak gets dropped....No pics yet cause I just had time after getting home from work earlier to open the box that was on front deck,dump some mix in the tank & give it a go before getting cleaned up for dinner.I do have a couple pics from the Ebay listing however - It had 36" bar & decent used full skip chain,Seller took $30 off if you didnt need the bar.He still included the chain,which was nice.

Quite good appearance wise too,usually these saws are very rough looking even when mechanically strong.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Looks like a beast
    I bet :, Trees start shaking when it running :eek:.

Get it for ripping?
    Thistle likes this.
  3. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA

Kinda/sorta. Actually have been wanting one for a while,I think the 288XPW was getting lonely in the shed.;lol
    mikefrommaine and Nixon like this.
  4. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Great Thistle! Give us some dirt!! How much? Geesh - I'd like to give a 100cc saw a go - what a beast!! Have fun! Cheers!
  5. nate379

nate379 Guest

Husky is the same as Husqvarna? When I see Husky I think the tool line Home Depot carries.
  6. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Yes.
  7. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA

$425 & change delivered to my front door.A fair price I thought.Some extra nice are $600-700+,others beat to death are $250-350.
  8. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Sounds like a good deal Thistle! Let us know how that saw rips (thought I might have heard you out running the saw today, but turned out to just be some thunder.....). Cheers!
  9. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    Nice Thistle! and it even came with the air filter cover.... those are impossible to find and are big money when they show up on ebay.

I just got the oiler figured out on mine. It's a beast.
  10. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA

I'm thinking about selling that air filter cover & air filter (that's almost new) once I locate the aluminum velocity stack- can get the foam filter & aerosol can of tacky oil,the stacks are quite scarce now I hear however....

Also to confirm my suspicions I pulled the muffler yesterday morning - this is the thin ring version,it was an option at dealers for more RPM's & higher performance vs the standard thick ring model.Thin rings are steel,thick rings are cast iron.Pic is blurry when I zoomed in,but there's definitely 2 thin ones there....Piston & cylinder are very clean for a saw of this vintage.

Attached Files:

MasterMech likes this.
  11. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    I'd love to see a video of it pulling the 42" :cool: