Appalachian Bay 52 blower takes a long time to come on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twistyhair

Jan 10, 2014
Ft. Washington, MD
Hello All -

I purchased a used Appalachian Bay 52 last year and had it installed as an insert with a chimney liner that is insulated. My damper is permanently in the open position to accommodate the liner.

I've been using the stove the past few weeks and it works well, but in the past few days, it has started heating up to 400 or higher before the fan comes on. Is there anything I can do to make the fan come on sooner?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There has to be a thermodisk in the wiring somewhere to actuate the blower.
Make sure that disk is in direct contact with the body of the insert.
If it isn't, the air between the disk & the body will not let the disk heat up as fast
as it should.

You have a botched liner install if your damper is stuck open, show us some pics of your install, that is of more concern to me than the blower, all your heat is going up the chimney with your damper open, no wonder it takes a while for it to come on.

Daksy gave you good advice on the blower, the snapdisc might be bad, but you have more issues than that.

Take a look at my thread on the bay 52 to see how it should be installed: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/appalachian-52-bay-wood-stove-insert.83621/

Status
Not open for further replies.