1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Appalachian pellets

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by chrisasst, Jan 22, 2013.

1. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    Ok, what is the really story on these pellets. My searches here come up with different results. Some say they are rebagged by cheat river. Another says Energex...
    I thought I tried some last year, but I can't remember the results. Any updated info on these?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    I believe it is Energex...Grabbed a bad from Tractor Supply the other day...little ashy but pretty good heat! Had to move on the Turman for the cold spell!
  3. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Set's in my hopper currently 5::F here 72::F inside:cool: Haven't seen temps this low in our area for some time, stay warm my friend.
  4. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    As hot as my 'Sets are (and I do love 'em!) the Turman are just a tad hotter...about the same ash though which is pretty next to nothing....and yes...it is bitter out!!!!! Stay warm!
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    If the bag looked like this. They are Premier Appalachian hardwood. Premier is Energex's box store label.

[​IMG]
  6. slvrblkk

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    And what do I see hiding under that Appalachian bag? What's your address Jay? oink! lol
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Last bag was dumped in the hopper tonight. :p

Pick is really old(2008 I think). I had 3 tons of them. Need all the horsepower I could get back them, Before I bought the beast. Now I can get by with a ton for the cold.