Appalachian pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Ok, what is the really story on these pellets. My searches here come up with different results. Some say they are rebagged by cheat river. Another says Energex...
I thought I tried some last year, but I can't remember the results. Any updated info on these?

I believe it is Energex...Grabbed a bad from Tractor Supply the other day...little ashy but pretty good heat! Had to move on the Turman for the cold spell!

Had to move on the Turman for the cold spell!

Set's in my hopper currently 5::F here 72::F inside:cool: Haven't seen temps this low in our area for some time, stay warm my friend.

Set's in my hopper currently 5::F here 72::F inside:cool: Haven't seen temps this low in our area for some time, stay warm my friend.

As hot as my 'Sets are (and I do love 'em!) the Turman are just a tad hotter...about the same ash though which is pretty next to nothing....and yes...it is bitter out!!!!! Stay warm!

If the bag looked like this. They are Premier Appalachian hardwood. Premier is Energex's box store label.

img_0053a-jpg.59327

And what do I see hiding under that Appalachian bag? What's your address Jay? oink! lol

Last bag was dumped in the hopper tonight. :p

Pick is really old(2008 I think). I had 3 tons of them. Need all the horsepower I could get back them, Before I bought the beast. Now I can get by with a ton for the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.