Appalachian stove mystery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brogan007

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
What an awesome forum this is, I've been lurking for weeks...
Now I'm in my new house I have a stove issue.
I have an insert in this old farmhouse, find it to be an Appalachian Insert 30CD.
15 yrs old, I think. No maintinance for the last 10, I'm told.
I see the " cat" is all blocked up, remove it and it disintegrates into pieces.
However, despite numerous calls & e-mails...I cannot get a single live person to
contact me from Appalachian Stove to order a replacement.
Do you guys know if they are still alive & in business? I'm kinda stumped here in Raleigh, NC.
Any help appreciated.

Awesome! Already ordered the replacements.......you guys are amazing. I'm glad the weather here is forecast to be nice for a week...I expect that it's not good to run the insert with no cat installed.
I bet it sure would burn though.
Thanx again

Got the combustors installed. going to fire the insert up tonite...planning on installing my own chimney liner soon.
Thing is, the top of this old Appalachian insert has no outlet "male" coupling. The top of the insert is just flat, with the rectangular opening of the bypass/stove exit venting directly into the chimney above.
How would you connect a chimnet liner to this?
Appalachian Stove must have gone out of business, since they never pick-up or return calls/e-mails.

Do a Google search for "fireplace insert boot".

Perfect!
I'm amazed by all the help & info here. It really is true....what goes around, comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.