Apple blossoms

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
We found lots of this in March.
Apple in March.JPG

That is the real pretty stage of the apple blossoms. Problem is, now they are opening and 25 forecast for tonight and 27 for tomorrow night.

And we made this thing to prepare for this fall. Now will we even get to use it? Not looking good folks.

Cider press-2.JPG

Reactions: tfdchief and zap
Beautiful press Dennis. Apples can take it pretty low, but I'm not sure about 25. I saw a story out of Leelanau County that one tart cherry orchard may have lost 90% of his crop for this year, and he owns 1700 acres. Imagine taking that kind of hit. All due to the incredibly warm weather in March, then back to normal nighttime temps!

Uper, I was afraid for those around Traverse City. This could be a difficult year for most.

Dave, we purchased the hardware and the plans. It worked out well. Now we are hoping for some good apples come fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.