Appliance Adaptor Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2014
MO
I recently installed an insert, the appliance connector fit in crooked, it'd seated all the way down in the back but about 75% Down in the front, its fitted inside the top of the stove just not all the way down. Will this work? It's angled due to where liner entered the fireplace vs where the flue is on the appliance. Planned to stove cement inside of flue to ensure no leaks.

Mine is a little crooked as well, As long as its sealed it wont be a problem..

It would drive me nuts. It's not right, it's crooked. Tapered fittings jammed in crooked leak. I've been called names for wanting things done right. Only you can decide if it's worth the effort to set that fitting properly or just say it's close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.