Appliance connector for Blaze King Princess Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerAddict

Sep 27, 2016
Southeast Indiana
Just picked up a blaze king princess insert. I also received my Foreverflex Hybrid preinsulated liner kit yesterday. My question is on the appliance connector. I was expecting one that had the large hose clamp on one end for clamping down on the liner. What I received in my liner kit was a female to male adaptor, one solid piece. Does this sound like it will work for my insert/liner or do I need the one with the band ?

You should have an appliance connector with a band clamp.

Thanks Webby, I will give them a call tomorrow and find out where my appliance connector is.
I talked to the company I bought the liner kit from and they called Olympia to confirm. They said that the appliance connector is not used for the Hybrid liner. I guess since the liner is .010" thick, they just use stainless steel screws into the liner. I have completed my install using the male to female adapter and used stainless steel self-tapping screws on both sides. Seems to work fine. Just wanted to provide an update in case someone else has this problem.

Rivets would be acceptable, typically screws aren't used on a liner.
If they said no appliance connector with a band clamp was needed, what did they suggest using?

Rivets would be acceptable, typically screws aren't used on a liner.
If they said no appliance connector with a band clamp was needed, what did they suggest using?
They said the female to male adapter that came with the hybrid liner kit is what's supposed to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.