1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Aquastat Manual Reset?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by WoodNotOil, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodNotOil

WoodNotOil Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern, Vermont
    I have a Honeywell L4006H 1004 open on temp increase manual reset. Details can be viewed at http://www.pexsupply.com/product_dtl.asp?pID=1736&brand=Honeywell&cID=294. I don't know what the manual reset means. Can this simply be used as an open on temp increase aquastat or do you have to reset it every time it opens? I had it from my old steam system and would put it to use if it opens and closes without reset. Otherwise I see little use for it. Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrownianHeatingTech

BrownianHeatingTech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwood, NH
    You have to reset it every time it opens.

Manual-reset aquastats are used for safety, not operation. That way, if the temp spikes above the normal operating range, the manual reset will trip, and you will have to go and reset it in order to re-start the system. Hopefully, you will then also make an attempt to determine why it tripped, since you've been alerted to a problem.

Joe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.