Aquastat Manual Reset?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodNotOil

Minister of Fire
I have a Honeywell L4006H 1004 open on temp increase manual reset. Details can be viewed at http://www.pexsupply.com/product_dtl.asp?pID=1736&brand=Honeywell&cID=294. I don't know what the manual reset means. Can this simply be used as an open on temp increase aquastat or do you have to reset it every time it opens? I had it from my old steam system and would put it to use if it opens and closes without reset. Otherwise I see little use for it. Thanks.

You have to reset it every time it opens.

Manual-reset aquastats are used for safety, not operation. That way, if the temp spikes above the normal operating range, the manual reset will trip, and you will have to go and reset it in order to re-start the system. Hopefully, you will then also make an attempt to determine why it tripped, since you've been alerted to a problem.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.