Aquatats??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shorton

Sep 3, 2010
alaska
Hello guys, My oil boiler has two hot water coils for domestic water and that is the location of the low and high temp controllers for the burner. My problem is that I need one of those ports for the aquastat to control the circ pump for the wood boiler water through the heat exchanger.

Can't I use a controller that has both the low kick in and high kick out on one controller instead of two? What one do you recommend?

thanks

There was another post on here talking about a Johnson Controls A419 that caught my eye. It has both the high and low built in and will work with up to a 30*F differential. It is programmable and even has a digital display of current temp. I read about it and you can find them for $60-80.

If I understand the question, you cand use a clamp on aquastat or tee in a well at a convient location.

It looks like the johnson 419 will work for what I need, thanks a lot.

I can't find a location where a strap on will work like it should so I will replace two controllers with one dual function controller and then have a well available for the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.