Arbor blowing fuses

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger K

Jan 8, 2013
Capital region New York
I have a avalon arbor pellet stove that has started blowing the control panel fuse. I unplug the stove, turn off the switch, and replace the fuse. As soon as I plug the cord back in the outlet the fuse blows! any idea what may be the problem?

Have you searched the threads to see if there is an identified problem with board or components of your stove? How old is the stove? Any components that have been replaced? Unplug your stove and start checking wiring and connections looking for evidence of scorching, loose connections. Tried searching for a wiring diagram but no luck:(

Hopefully one of the members with experience with wiring/component troubleshooting will chime in...

Poking around on a few threads ... may want to private message Don2222 to see if there are technical bulletins that may cover your problem. May have a wiring schematic for you too.

Might want to check your auger - depending on age of your stove - technical bulletin issued on "flappers" causing jam. Possible that a jam may be causing the fuse to blow... https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/avalon-astoria-auger-noise.61769/#post-771933

Status
Not open for further replies.