Arboristsite?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Participate all you want to wherever you want to...but let's not get into raggin' on the members of that (or any other) site over here on this site. That's not what we're here for. If you've got a problem with something someone on Arboristsite posts, then, by all means, let them know about it over there. The two sites have different focuses, different general memberships, different purposes...but neither site is focused on deriding the other. Live and let live. Rick

That certainly wasn't my intention. I was trying to originally just make an observation in the difference I see in the sites and later, trying to say that it is not wise to put them up on too big a pedestal. There is a lot of foolishness over there, too. ;-)

And you are absolutely right. Very different sites for different purposes and I do enjoy them both. (But this will always be my home!)

wendell said:
Yes, I am sure that is the case but as a whole, I think you give them way too much credit. There was just a guy wanting to run a second stove off his existing chimney and I am the only one to tell him absolutely not.

You mean this post:

Adding second stove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bushinspector

I am thinking about adding a second small wood stove in my home in my man cave. It is located about ten feet from the stove pipe. Can i run two stoves on one pipe? What kind of draft would i have? What other problems would i be creating?

--------
wendell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushinspector
Can i run two stoves on one pipe? What kind of draft would i have? What other problems would i be creating?

Absolutely not.

A lot.

-----------
woodhounder

I wouldn't think that you would get enough draft for two stoves

---------------
ray benson

Would not try it.
http://www.dps.state.ak.us/fire/teb/...tovesafety.pdf

I didn't see any reponses to that question encouraging him to do that. You were the first to reply though...rep sent. At least the guy had sense to ask the forum and not go ahead and do it. Isn't that what these forums are for? I don't think I'm putting them up on a pedestal, I'm just not knocking them either. If I saw a thread over there like the OP here I would be defending this site too.

Anyway this is getting pointless and redundant. fossil was right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.