ArborMax or ArborPro bar?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
It's time for a new bar/chain for the cs56. Im lookin to up it from an 18" to 20" bar and was lookin at the different bar/chain combo's at bailey's. I usually just buy the oregon kits from the big box stores but baileys has some great prices.

What's your opinions on the arbormax and arborpro bars?? Thanks...

I bought a 16" x 0.050" ArborPro bar and chain for my Husqvarna 51 and ran a tank of gas through it on Saturday morning. It performed well but I did notice that it said "made in Taiwan" on it when I received it. If that matters to you, you may want to move up to the ArborMax as I see in the catalog that they are made in the USA.
My only complaint from Saturday concerns the yellowjackets that got me twice before I knew they were there.

abor max are the short bars usally used on top handle saw and the pro is there normal bars imo

I put a 16" ArborMax with a Woodland Pro chain on my 350 and have no complaints.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I called baileys up today and spoke with a rep who pointed me in the right direction. Ordered up a 20" ArborMax and 2 full chisel chains for the ol girl. Time to let the chips fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.