arduino boiler control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallica21156

Feb 13, 2015
Carroll co
i know at least some of this has been covered. i want to have my boiler controlled by my arduino board. first i want it to be able to turn the draft fan on and off based on stove temp and pump as well. i also have a lcd display with buttons, i would like it to display the water in temp, water out, flue and if the boiler is running the fan. also if i could change the temps with the buttons would be nice. im not worried about data logging. one other thing i would like is a start up mode which when i pressed a button it would run the fan and pump together until 5 mins of time passed or if boiler got up to temp. ive seen some other ideas like this online but nothing exact. any one have experience with this?

If you're in it for the hack value then by all means go for it.

Otherwise I would gently suggest using only off-the-shelf controllers, aquastats, timers, relays, DIN rails, temperature display modules, and so forth for your reliable and serviceable heating system and save the Arduino controls for automated brewing, barbecue control, yogurt makers, and such.

I'm reasonably confident that when my widow hands the guy my schematics and design commentary, and then points him to the cabinet that has a spare or two for every component, he'll have no problem diagnosing the problem and getting the system back up again in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.