1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Are 16" full chisel chains available ???

Post in 'The Gear' started by HDRock, Dec 26, 2012.

1. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Looking to get a ,faster, better chain for my 35cc saw w 16" bar.
    Looking at these, the only oregon chains, I see that are yellow label

91VX054G , LOW PROFIL, CHAMFER CHISEL CHAIN (91VX) 54, 3/8".050
    91VXL054G , CHAIN, SEMI CHISEL, 3/8 LONG TOP, 54, 3/8".050

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
  3. ewdudley

ewdudley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cayuga County NY
    LGX listed above is full chisel but FWIW Oregon recommends 50cc or larger saw. 91VXL is also often recommended on AS. Here's a listing by one of ebay's many great vendors:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-91VXL054G...465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2e6e4381
  4. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Yes it is for the Beaver ,model # 60013202, 54 drive links, if necessary I'll get another bar
    I just want something better than ,basic low pro chain
    Been getting my chains here, http://customcare.co/products/91vxl054g-chain, I get them in 2 days, there is also an additional discount code(tryusout), they also have a store on eBay ,http://stores.ebay.com/customcareoutdoorpowerparts
  5. computeruser

computeruser Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East Lansing, MI
    Your saw runs Lo-profile 3/8", Oregon 91 series or similar from Stihl, etc. It cannot run 7x series 3/8" chain, even with the right bar/sprocket combo that saw can't pull it efficiently. You're talking 35cc here, man! The Oregon stuff will work great for you, though that saw would be happier with a 12" bar, in my opinion.
    Nixon likes this.
  6. chipsoflyin

chipsoflyin Member

Loc:
    nw ohio
    Ditto. If you want to pull a more aggressive chain, take a look at the poulan 5020, put on a 16 inch bar with some lgx chain and you'll have nice little cutter.
  7. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I am gonna second or third or whatever - the idea of pulling 16" of full chisel with your 35CC beaver is asking a whole bunch from that saw. I think you may find out that it will puke on you in the cut. You will probably stall the chain more than you want.
    Thistle likes this.
  8. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Stihl has a full chisel version of their Picco chain that would work well on that saw. You most likely would have to have them cut the loop to size either off a bulk reel or from a longer loop.
  9. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Stihl shop near me has bulk of every chain stihl has.
    They made up a 14" chisel for my old craftsman.
    Got to keep the rpms up, it not quit enough power to work it hard but good back up & light weight for liming

63PMC
  10. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Thanks for the info/input , I will try a 91VXL054G , looks like it will be better than the 91VG054G
    If I don't need the power and bar length, of the husky 61 , I use the beaver , cuz that 61 gets heavy pretty quick .
    I'll get a different chain for the old 32cc craftsmen also, cuz It's really light and runs like a top. Was a good buy @ $35
    But ya know what ! I got the chain saw bug ;lol So I think I'm gonna have to fill the other nitch with a 45cc or so :)
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  11. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Call Boog, He's got plenty of saws, He might even sell 1 or 2 if you sweet talk him a little.;lol A C
    Boog likes this.
  12. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    HD, an 024 026 or MS 250 would fill in real well. A C
  13. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Thanks A C, I'll check into that, gotta use what I got right now cuz SCORE !! free wood lot (ash) see new thread Free firewood score, how to get it out ??