Are all Cat Combustors Created Equal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mchristo

Jun 16, 2009
Tuftonboro, NH
Hi, I'm looking to replace the Cat on my Earth Stove BV400C and have a few options.

Are all the aftermarket combustors equal quality or do they vary? anyone have experience with a certain mfr, good or bad?

there is a place that sells the original Earthstove Cats, but they say that the manufacturer has replaced the original size of my cat (was 3" x 15 x 2.5") and replaced it with one from a different Earth Stove that is 3" x 15" x 3". so it is 1/2" deeper than the original. would that hurt the function of the stove?

it seems like the most predomenant mfr of the aftermarket replacement Cats is Candor, but there are others.

I would prefer to get the best quality and only cry once.

Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.