Are any of you folks out east snowed in yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Just wondering what kind of snowfall you expect...

Here in Maryland about 30 miles north of Baltimore and we have at least 12-16 inches (hard to measure with the drifts) and drifts over 3 feet with an additional 10-12 inches still on the way!

Yeah, I would say we are snowed in!

JoeS said:
Here in Maryland about 30 miles north of Baltimore and we have at least 12-16 inches (hard to measure with the drifts) and drifts over 3 feet with an additional 10-12 inches still on the way!

Love sitting in here with the Stove justa burning. Then I remember: my driveway is 1/4 mile long uphill!!! Guess that's why my lot was a "great deal"

Just east of Baltimore we have a range of about 3-40 inches due to the winds. Overall average looks to be just over 20 inches. Still comming down, up to 12 more inches on the way according to the news.

Central MA area is supposed to be spared by yet another storm this year. Hooray for us! Not so good for those of you south of here. Having never lived anywhere but here, I often wonder what other parts of the country do when they get the "big one". We're accustomed to our 4-wheel drives, our generators, our plows and snow blowers, our sand and salt. I almost feel bad for the mid atlantic folks who don't see this very often. Good luck to all of you...

no snow here in the north east till wed. no snow no income (well extra)
my son lives in N.C. and they shut down for an inch. him being raised in
new england jumped in his 2wd pick up and drove to work (probably doing the speed limit) :lol:
only to find the gate locked :coolmad:

Looks like 20" or so here, hard to measure with all the drifting. The storm we got back in december was just a tease, this one is "for real" no doubt.
TV news is reporting 30" plus in elkridge MD so it may be more than I think? A half of a foot one way or the does not really make much difference
when your talking about 3 feet...At one point last night it was puttin down in excess of 2" per hour, thats some serious snow no matter what part of the country your from.

tractorman100 said:
JoeS said:

Love sitting in here with the Stove justa burning. Then I remember: my driveway is 1/4 mile long uphill!!! Guess that's why my lot was a "great deal"

When you go to clear it out, go downhill that way gravity will help you ;-) .

About a foot and a half here in central PA. My neighbor has a snow blower thank goodness!

You guys in Maryland, send some of it up here. We are almost down to bear ground and are running out of places to run the snowmobiles. No snow perdicted here in Ontario for the next week...........................

Believe it or not, the snow line has stayed about 10 miles south of me. :)

The new member of the family checking out the snow.

GEDC0077.jpg

GEDC0081.jpg

Bummed out that we aren't getting hit with this one
but Wednesday looks like a possible plowable event.
snowblow.gif
snowedunder.gif

WE got 22+ inches here and its still coming down! have had over a foot of snow on the ground since december. a winter like we havent had since '79! im loving it! supposed to get slammed again tuesday and wed. BRING IT ON!

16 to 25 inches here, depending on elevation. But the problem is downed power lines. Just heard on Pittsburgh news that Allegheny County (Pittsburgh city) alone has 780 downed lines. My son's power (West Liberty WV) won't be on til Monday, maybe.

16 to 25 inches here, depending on elevation. But the problem is downed power lines. Just heard on Pittsburgh news that Allegheny County (Pittsburgh city) alone has 780 downed lines. My son's power (West Liberty WV) won't be on til Monday, maybe. Dad's Sunday. Dropping down below 10* tonight.. Sun came out and melted most main roads today, what isn't totally cleared will be a frozen mess come morning.

I got around 26" of snow here up in the mountains in South Central Pennsylvania. Look at all this snow! Could barely even see my cars!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 266
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 264
Calling for 12-18+ more on Tuesday/Wednesday .............OH goody :ahhh: :zip: :mad:

Yep, we missed the "big one" saturday here in the hudson valley, but I don't think we'll be so lucky this time:

National Weather Service Storm Warning - "SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE REGION STARTING LATE TUESDAY EVENING. THE SNOW MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES ON WEDNESDAY... BEFORE SLOWLY TAPERING OFF WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

THE POTENTIAL FOR 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW ACCUMULATION EXISTS.

AS THE STORM INTENSIFIES... EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL BECOME STRONG AND GUSTY DURING THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY... WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY IN COASTAL SECTIONS. THIS WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW... WITH NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AND POSSIBLE POWER OUTAGES."

Maybe Xena can get some plowing work in this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.