Are Avalon and Lopi the same?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksjudson

Feb 5, 2008
Nevada
I was looking at pellet stoves at two different dealers and one carried the Avalon brand and the other carried the Lopi brand. The stoves looked quite similar to me and had the same specifications. Are Avalon and Lopi the same except for the names?

Thanks,

Judkei

The older stoves were a little differnt in the burning design
Now All the Gas GUTS for the Avalon, Lopi, and the FPX are the same
it is just looks that are different. Faces and Brick patterns.

As for wood stoves
Most of the New Name models stoves made in the past 5 years are the same just have differnt doors.
Leyden/Arbor Republic/Spokane

The older stoves will have different features in the burning design
All the AVALON units have 5 sided convection and a pinch door seal
where the LOPI does not have a pinched door seal and not all units have convection chambers

Where's the difference in the door seal Rod? We used to sell both and they were the same or atleast looked the same. Also I can't think of a Lopi steel stove that doesn't have a convection chamber. Which one is it? The Patriot? Not trying to rattle your chain just curious, you're still in the game I'm not so my knowledge has been slipping a bit.

The Avalons always had a "knife" door seal, where the gasket bit into the frame which was welded around the door. Not sure if this is true with Lopi. You will find most of the stoves on the market just seat the gasket against flat steel. I'm speaking of the wood stove....so my knowledge is even further behind than Shanes.

Shane said:
Where's the difference in the door seal Rod? We used to sell both and they were the same or atleast looked the same. Also I can't think of a Lopi steel stove that doesn't have a convection chamber. Which one is it? The Patriot? Not trying to rattle your chain just curious, you're still in the game I'm not so my knowledge has been slipping a bit.

All Avalons but the NEW LOW BUDGET SPOKANE have a knife seal and the Cast iron units (lopi and avalon) now have a small bead on the door frame.

Every Lopi I have every seen (except the cast unit) has a Flush seal.

All the avalon steel stoves (but the new econo modle have 5 sided convection
TOP, Righ SIDE, Left side, BACK and bottom BOTTOM
http://www.hearthtools.com/wood/Avsplash.jpg
NOT ALL LOPI have that. some just have the back and top with only heat shields on the sides

Status
Not open for further replies.