Are Breckwell Pellet Stoves any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i see you said that the dealer also sells enviro; we deal with many enviro "sister" products Vista Flame is (made by sherwood who makes enviro, too) and Bosca (was designed by enviro guys), and i've seen alot of enviros outin the field; they are well made and versatile. the breckwell was a simple stove, but some of the design on the hopper, door, stove body, were cheap, and we stopped selling them after one or two... that being said we have never had any problems reported from the folks that bought them from us.

Breckwell Big E for one season - worked very well for us but I have nothing to compare it to. Price was right, no problems, a bit noisy, it loved my Lignetics and makes a nice plant stand in the summer. I only burned 2 tons last season and did not make the piggy club. Good luck.

kinsman stoves said:
Yes Breckwell stoves are good units. If you have questions I can be reached at 330-876-0200 Eric

old number from the old store, new number is 330-448-0300.

love my Breckwell Stove

b4djslyde said:
I was looking at Breckwell P23 Pellet Stove and I wanted to know if this is a good stove? I have no idea what stoves are good out there. If you don't think this is a good stove what would you recommend? Thanks.

Gotta wonder if he ever bought a stove, what kind, how it worked, did it end up exploding and vaporize him into another universe???????????????????

I have a Breckwell fs2000 that I bought used and set up in my basement. I have had no problems with the stove and it really puts off some nice heat. It runs quietly and with no issues. I have been running the stove with my central air fan on all the time and the heat has been circulating throughout my house. I did a lot of research before purchasing the stove, and found that most of the posts on this website talk about problems with poor control boards and fan motor problems. My stove is older about 7 years and has had no problems as far as I know. The metal on the stove seems fairly thick and welded strongly. Customer service at Breckwell seems poor at best, from my attempt to get some installation questions answered in the past. I would recommend a Breckwell as long as you have a local dealer who is willing to help you when services are needed. Likewise, Eric from Kinsman stoves is on this forum and stands behind Breckwell, and can answer just about any question about these stoves as well as get parts for them mailed directly to you. Best Wishes in selecting your stove.

cant speak for the p23 .but i own a breckwell 2700 and a big easy purchase in January . both good stove heat well . only had one problem with breckwell 2700 1 ignite r bough that stove in 2006 going strong. the big easy been run since jan 2010 no problems so far

I paid penny's for the Big E I have... its a parts whore, but for the price, has saved my family a lot of money during heating seasons. If I were going to buy a brand new one, Breckwell would NOT even be in my vocabulary. Also their customer service sucks.

when you buy a used stove you get what you pay for !!!!when i bought my first stove it was a new a breckwell 2700 .then bought second a new clearance englander summer heat . the first breckwell reliability and quality of the stove made my decision in purchase of a third stove. a new breckwell big easy for my pole barn . no regrets in breckwell . this is my humble opinion. thanks and good luck in your stove search.

Maybe it's just me but the Breckwells are really easy to work on

yes easy to work on only problem was 1 igniter on first stove. breckwell 2700 bought stove 2006 only problem .bought big easy in jan 2010 no problems at all .breckwell very reliable for me .

kinglew said:
when you buy a used stove you get what you pay for !!!!

Yes... mine was used... for a whooping 1 season... the old man I purchased it from, said they had a storm, and the power went out. He said when the power came back on it no longer would turn on. He also stated that he was not going to continue to deal with carrying the bags of pellets anymore. I bought it, and replaced the control panel. It worked good after that... then half way through the next season the convection blower took a dump. Ok let's just say that was because it was used, and I don't know how it was treated..fair enough. Now explain to me how the second one went bad????!!!! Or why it has needed all the other parts replaced. My neighboors have the exact same BIG E that I do, and have had the same exact problems.... as well as thousands of other people.... google is powerful my friend. ;-)

BUT YES... THANK GOD ITS VERY EASY TO WORK ON.

perchin said:
kinglew said:
when you buy a used stove you get what you pay for !!!!

Yes... mine was used... for a whooping 1 season... the old man I purchased it from, said they had a storm, and the power went out. He said when the power came back on it no longer would turn on. He also stated that he was not going to continue to deal with carrying the bags of pellets anymore. I bought it, and replaced the control panel. It worked good after that... then half way through the next season the convection blower took a dump. Ok let's just say that was because it was used, and I don't know how it was treated..fair enough. Now explain to me how the second one went bad????!!!! Or why it has needed all the other parts replaced. My neighboors have the exact same BIG E that I do, and have had the same exact problems.... as well as thousands of other people.... google is powerful my friend. ;-)

BUT YES... THANK GOD ITS VERY EASY TO WORK ON.

This is why we research everything to death before we buy anything. We Google before we buy and if we are are not comfortable we stay away until we are comfortable. We talked with many people before we bought our Breckwell and everyone that owned one said they loved them and had no problems, the ones that were not so sure had never owed a Breckwell ......like I said after 1-year with ours and zero problems we would buy again! I know there are control board problems though if not on a surge protector, but that is true with most electronics!

Status
Not open for further replies.