Are Dayton gear motors from Grainger good, quiet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump - anyone tried these?

Daytons are what they are, don't matter whether ya buy 'em from Grainger or someplace else. There are other options in some cases, just a question of how much research ya wanna do, might save a dollar, or 12 cents.

Thanks!

So I got a Gleason, installed it and it's at least twice as loud as the Merkle-Korff I was hoping to replace. I just took the old one apart and re-greased it - better now. Gonna send the new one back. Disappointed.

So I got a Gleason, installed it and it's at least twice as loud as the Merkle-Korff I was hoping to replace........Gonna send the new one back. Disappointed.
Wow....I'm very surprised. I had heard very good things on the forum from members who'd bought them. Too bad.

Return it for another one. A good Gleason is silent. However I got 2 that were noisy when I first bought my stove. The 3rd was silent. Also, I just purchased another one from Gleason and it is silent as well. You will be very happy when you get a good one.

Thanks for the advice - I'll try it.

Thanks - I'm after the absolute quietest. Wifey hyper sensitive to all sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.