Are Harman stoves certified by state of Washington?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LewLasher

Apr 20, 2009
Stowe, Vermont
I'm about to buy either a Harman (P43) or QuadraFire (Santa Fe) stove. The state of Vermont has a program where they give you a $450 voucher if you are replacing an old wood stove. The vouchers are only good if you get an environmentally-correct new stove. Vermont doesn't seem to have its own standards for stoves, so they seem to be using the Washington state certification. I'm not sure which pellet stoves are considered sufficiently environmentally-correct. I did a Google search and found a Web page from something called the "Southwest Clean Air Agency" that claimed to have a list of Washington-certified stoves as of January, 2009. This list did include the QuadraFire Santa Fe pellet stove, but the only Harman pellet stove they listed was the Invincible. I find it hard to believe that other Harman pellet stoves would not be certified.

Does anyone know whether the state of Washington has certified any other Harman pellet stoves, especially the P43?

(I realize that there are other factors that are relevant to the choice of stove than the extra $450 off. But I'd prefer to keep those other factors in other discussion threads.)

Thanks for any clues.

Lew

most likely its old data, from before Harman came out with the P61's, Accentras, XXv's, etc

That's exactly what I was looking for. And, yes, the P-43 is on the list. So now I just have to decide between the P-43 and the Santa Fe (which is for another discussion thread).

Thanks very much,

Lew

Status
Not open for further replies.