Are honeywell thermostat display lights supposed to stay on?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanBrown3D

Oct 16, 2006
Princeton, NJ
Or are they supposed to turn off after a few seconds? I have the RTH8500.

(I've also lost my maunal, only have the spanish left. Anyone know where to get a copy or download one? I tried the useless Honeywell website).

Thanks!
Dean

No not on that 8500. You have to step up to a Visionpro 8320 before you have the option for contant (continuious) backlight option. There are also other #'s but retail version RTH will not.

hardwood715 said:
http://customer.honeywell.com/Techlit/pdf/69-0000s/69-1725.pdf

Hope this helps

Thanks! I could not find that last night! That's just great.

Cheers

Dean

ckr74 said:
No not on that 8500. You have to step up to a Visionpro 8320 before you have the option for contant (continuious) backlight option. There are also other #'s but retail version RTH will not.

Ok, well that's a shame. It does look nice when its lit though.

Thanks

Dean

You can get them fairly cheap on E-Bay. Don't know if you have a 2 stage or what. Take the other one back. I really like the continuous backlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.