Are Pinnacle stoves a good purchase?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2010
Virginia
gonna purchase a multi-fuel stove in the next couple weeks and have been doing a lot of reading up on different brands. what is yalls opinion of the Pinnacle emerald model. it says itll heat up to 1500 sq ft. my house is 1200. also will i be better off getting a bigger stove (one that puts out more btu's). thanks and if somebody else has already asked this or if ive posted this in the wrong section please forgive me.

thanks for the help. is it wise to get a stove that will do a lot more sq footage than what i need or one that's the closest to the area i'm trying to heat?

It is not a bad idea, but keep in mind that pellet stoves run most efficiently in the higher end of the spectrum, so if you got a 2500sq ft heater and only ran it on low to heat your home, you would be better off buying something a little smaller and running it on say "medium" as far as your efficiency is concerned. Having the higher BTU will allow you to heat up your home much faster as well.

thanks John. ive got to call a couple dealers today and hopefully narrow my decisions down some more. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.