are propane inserts vented?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know its slow when Craig beats Daksy to the punchline in the gas forums. X2 what Craig said. There do exist products call "Vent Free Fireplace Inserts"
Here is a link to an example of one:
http://www.kingsmanind.com/fiventfree

If this is the kind of thing your interested in, send me a PM and I can probably find you a local dealer that sells Kingsman in PA.

Dang! Trumped again!
Freekin computer's been weird lately & I've been offline.
Ennyhoo, does Pa. still allow room-vented units?
I know, they're "called" vent-free," but they're REALLY not...

Thanks everyone. I have a client who is buying a house w a propane vent-free insert. She had some questions about the unit's venting per the home inspection report.

I would make sure it really is a "vent-free" model. I have seen lots of scary stuff, I would not put it past some DIY to just jam a B-Vent insert into a fireplace with no flue and let it exhaust into the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.