1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Are the Hamer Hot Ones pellets worth the extra $?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by briggsy13, Oct 1, 2011.

1. JIBLANE

JIBLANE New Member

Loc:
    Long Island NY
    Long Island I don't understand why so expensive? Over $100 more here they could cleanup for $200 a ton and takeover long Island if selling at that price! People would line up orders for good pellets at that price and corner the market! I'm all for Price wars here on Lovely Long Island!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    In case you aren't aware of the state of the housing market in the US there is a lack of home construction and home purchases.

Therefore little hardwood flooring or lumber being made or used, this reduces the sawdust supply that a lot of pellet makers use to make pellets with.

In turn this makes pellets expensive or hard to find.
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Fiber issue is lack of saw dust/chips supply.

Pellets rely on the building trades to produce saw dust(fiber). Most mills use the waste saw dust to make their pellets. If they aren't milling lumber/boards/flooring? They don't have excess saw dust(fiber) to make our fuel. Same goes for the open market fiber buyers, Mills that don't have a fiber source of their own. Buy saw dust from other mills that make lumber products. They make the pellets from the purchased saw dust from the lumber mills.
  4. kykel

kykel Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    long Island
    Thanks J