Are the Hamer Hot Ones pellets worth the extra $?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long Island I don't understand why so expensive? Over $100 more here they could cleanup for $200 a ton and takeover long Island if selling at that price! People would line up orders for good pellets at that price and corner the market! I'm all for Price wars here on Lovely Long Island!

kykel said:
What is a fiber issue

In case you aren't aware of the state of the housing market in the US there is a lack of home construction and home purchases.

Therefore little hardwood flooring or lumber being made or used, this reduces the sawdust supply that a lot of pellet makers use to make pellets with.

In turn this makes pellets expensive or hard to find.

kykel said:
j-takeman said:
iron stove said:
Hmm, al Elkins here. M<aybe they shipped in from Mt Hope because of a shortage.

That's what I was thinking. I heard rumour's they also have fiber issues(like Turmans and Barefoots are having).

What is a fiber issue.

Fiber issue is lack of saw dust/chips supply.

Pellets rely on the building trades to produce saw dust(fiber). Most mills use the waste saw dust to make their pellets. If they aren't milling lumber/boards/flooring? They don't have excess saw dust(fiber) to make our fuel. Same goes for the open market fiber buyers, Mills that don't have a fiber source of their own. Buy saw dust from other mills that make lumber products. They make the pellets from the purchased saw dust from the lumber mills.

Thanks J

Status
Not open for further replies.